‘Media Helping Media – a free, global resource for media development’ offers free journalism training resources. The modules can be found on their page or by simply clicking the various links below. There you will find the introduction and the first seven chapters of The News Manual’s guide to journalism basics
• Journalism – Basic techniques
• Chapter 1: What is news?
• Chapter 2: What is a journalist?
• Chapter 3: The shape of the news story
• Chapter 4: Writing the intro in simple steps
• Chapter 5: Writing the intro, the golden rules
Media Helping Media (MHM) is a network involved in the worldwide development of journalism and a free press